Monday, June 04, 2007

Dream vs Reality

At most time, I dream a perfect dream:
  1. Be engaged with the person I could not live without.
  2. Have a permanent job which I love with a good salary.
  3. Get married with him who I choose to live with my entire life.
  4. Be a great and known photographer.
  5. Build my own dream businesses.
  6. Have 3 kids during early age and another in my 40s.
Statistically, I would say my dream consist of a confidence level, 80%.

So where did the other 20% go?
That's where the reality knocks in.
  1. I can't be engaged unless he has a stable income (that's according to him. I thought you can't get MARRIED unless you don't have a stable income?).
  2. Being someone with low experience, I have to accept whatever job that's offered to me.
  3. Getting married is soooo out of question now!! It'll be years before it can happen.
  4. Without DSLR, how can I be that? Though I'm learning the theory, I still have to learn to handle the camera.
  5. I don't have the money. But I'm going to do it someday.
  6. He doesn't want 4 kids.
And that is why reality sucks.
But we are in it. We are not living in a dream.
Well, unless if you're Siti Nurhaliza (I really dislike her, but you have to admit, she's living a dream) or Maya Karin aka the Malaysian Princess (oh, how she really is THE Malaysian beauty!).
But yes, learn to be thankful.
Like my cousin said to me, Bersyukurlah ILynn (Be thankful, ILynn).
And so, I am.
At times I feel like the hard life is on me, but I should remember that God never gives us things that we cannot handle.

So, I believe that one day I will have that dream. With 80% confidence level, it is almost as if I WILL be living it. Who knows?
Once you learn to be thankful in your current life, you might have a great satisfaction in the end.
So, Be Thankful.


Labels: ,

10 Comment:

Blogger Unknown said...

dreams are the sculpture of what you desire. it depends on you to make it work.

If you REALLY want it,you will find the way to make it happen .

Just think of the way to make it happen ;)

05 June, 2007 00:18  
Blogger Pegawai Khalwat said...

Reality sucks!
But that's the bittersweet we need to swallow.

Always leave your life half full.

06 June, 2007 08:28  
Blogger Titicaca said...

it's ok to dream but if life is not according to your dream, do not despair!
it is like that to me, but alhamdulillah, I am thankful everyday that Allah has other plans for me!kalau ikut plan aku dulu tah hape2 la jadiknya aku sekarang ni..hehhe..

06 June, 2007 12:34  
Blogger ILynn Virgobiru said...

mataihijau: yup. but to make it happen also depends on your luck. guess with my luck, i have to go through many many many obstacles! god help me!

pegawai khalwat: half full eh. oh, the bittersweet of life!

titicaca: i hope He has good plans for me...

06 June, 2007 19:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correct me if i'm wrong..u should focus on ur goal than ur dreams.by having that u know ur direction and know where u are.and believe me..when u achieved ur goal it'll give u satisfaction.nothing wrong with ur dreams cos it's free.last but not least..bad things happen with reason..we must look in a good way.dlm terjemahan..smua benda yg berlaku ade hikmah..kite je tak dpt menilainye..cheers!!

23 June, 2007 20:45  
Blogger DiaHarris said...

just dropped by to say hi!!

27 June, 2007 16:56  
Blogger SJ said...

mata-i-hijau, i used to enjoy reading your writings. what happened to your blog?

10 July, 2007 23:57  
Blogger artisticklytouch said...

everybody has to undergo obstacles first before dreams comes in...Siti Nurhaliza dulu pun kena naik bas mini nak pergi recording..agak-agak masa tu dia jeles tak pada mereka-mereka yang berkereta? agak-agak masa tu dia fikir tak sape yang nak kawin dengan dia...

sabar ye..salam kenal di maya

11 July, 2007 16:59  
Blogger ILynn Virgobiru said...

to all: i'm having quite a really short time 2 rply one by one as of now
just got back from work..and sooo sleepy.
yeah..it's 12:26 AM, mind you.
thanks for all the advises. i'll look on improving myself.
and yes! i miss mata-i-hijau!!!!!

13 July, 2007 00:26  
Blogger liyas said...

keep on dreaming, it might become reality..

13 July, 2007 08:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home