Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Guys (with a sigh)

Guys. They are so complicated and scornful beings. Guys think they can just pull anything off. And not being punished for it. Guys suck at getting a girl feels right. And sometimes, when there are girls among the guys’ group, they simply forget that the girl is A GIRL.

I am what people often call one of the guys. It’s amazing how I always think that guys are so damn irritating and spiteful, but yet I get along so well with them. There countless times they make fun of me. And sometimes it hurts me. But I rarely portray it in front of them. Most of the time, I laugh at my own ‘silliness’.

But some guys tick so quickly when I get sarcastic with them. Now, THAT I don’t understand. Hey, you can make me look like a fool (in front of other guys as a major plus), but when I try to make a simple joke, it ticks you off? Did it ever occur to you that I, too, feel the same way when you did the same thing to me? (I sighed). I’m telling you. Some guys are so clueless on how to treat a girl the right way.

One thing that I can say about my guy friends back home and am proud of is, they dig me for who I am and they actually like me! Sometimes I do take their words by heart and maybe at certain times they also take mine by heart. But we know clearly that sarcasm and jokes are part of the game.

And the thing about having boyfriends. Especially one who is the opposite of you. Like...he’s an Arsenal freak and you’re the MU fan (Fact: Man U and Arsenal are forever arch rivals). Yup, like THAT opposite. It’s heart-twisting when you watch a ManU-Arsenal match together, Arsenal won…and he starts talking endlessly and proudly over how his team won. It’s heart-wrenching when he doesn’t remember (plus doesn’t seemed to care) that you’re an MU supporter and is actually feeling down with the outcome of the game (Fact: Guys always think that girls only pretend to be interested in football).

On another point, there was a lady who said that, the good thing about having a guy is, when you have stupid problems or some sort, he’ll hold you in his arms and said, “It’s okay. It’s not stupid. Those things matter to you.” Oh, how I wish for that to happen to me! All I get is, “Come on…you’re fretting over some stupid stuff. Can you just let it go?” Can’t you guys get it? I want to be comforted! Not being babbled at how I fret over stupid things!

Yes. Guys. Arrogant, complicated, ridiculous beings. However, in a weird sort of way, we’re ladies are stuck happily with them. And in addition to what I just wrote earlier, I am actually love-struck by one of them. God help me, he must. And he must have loved me too! =) Yes, life works in a weird, scornful and sardonic ways.

Labels:

5 Comment:

Blogger Acaii Jawe said...

ilynn,luv this entry so much...hehe..especially on football stuff...can't agree more on that...:) sometime we just accept differences between gender...as long as we keep respect and understand each others everything will be just fine..:)

remember, man are not perfect at all..:) he's just complete woman life..

26 January, 2007 09:07  
Blogger ILynn Virgobiru said...

hehehhehehe
hi faisal.
thanks!

yeahh..i guess even though i complaint much about guys..but still life is empty without them
both gender contribute diff parts in life..n one cant live without the other

;)

26 January, 2007 18:54  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those white fonts sounded familiar :P.

Buddy-guy-friends and sweetheart-boyfriend are different. My buddy-guy friends even call me fat bottom lady and think it's funny.

They don't want to take care of your heart until they have it.

But even that is not a guarantee. Hehehe

27 January, 2007 01:12  
Blogger ILynn Virgobiru said...

matahijau: why is it familiar? guess what? it's you! heheheheh

yeah..even if they have ur heart, they still cant take care of your heart properly.
we'll have to teach them somehow
;)

29 January, 2007 11:33  
Blogger Acaii Jawe said...

yeah..even if they have ur heart, they still cant take care of your heart properly.
we'll have to teach them somehow---->

can u teach me how to properly take care of women heart?..?hehehee..sometime i don't know it either..:)

30 January, 2007 08:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home