Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Power of L♥ve

I was reading a blog of a lady who just got married early this year...and had a baby in November. It's fun to read her journey of the first year of marriage. It's kind of entertaining and it motivated me in a way. I learn that when you get married, there is so much that you have to consider. Money and Love is two main factors. Nowadays, one cannot live without money. And without love, no marriage can lasts.

I was reading our chat log dated a day before he goes off to Istanbul. He asked me, whether or not I am ready to be married. Okk, let me rephrase that. It simply meant whether or not I am ready to be his wife? I am ready to be married. But frankly, I don't feel that I am ready to be a wife. You might ask why.

Here's why. I have a LOT to learn. I can't be his wife now because of the obvious fact that we are both studying. Not that I'm saying you cannot be married while studying, you can. Many people are doing that now (because of the cases we have here in M'sia). But we both want to finish our studies first. There is also the problem that I don't know how to cook. I'm good at baking, cooking simple stuff but if you're talking about Chicken Rice, main dishes (lauk-pauk) and rendang, lemak or something like that...I have little idea.

The main thing that makes me un-ready in being a wife is because I'm not good at cooking, keeping the household in one place and things like that. But after I read the blog and had some idea of marriage, I realised that I have to build myself up to reach that state. I want to be someone who is ready to be wed at any time. I want to be someone who can take care of her husband in the best possible way (and that man would me my now bf).

Some of you reading this might think that I am too fast. But I don't think I am. If I want to change, if I want to learn, now is the time. Who knows what age we'll be married? Who knows what age we'll be dead? Who knows what could happen in the near future? I want to be prepared. I want to be prepared for him. I want to be the best for him. Emotionally, mentally, physically, sexually.

Love does have its own power huh? It's changing me!

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home