Saturday, February 18, 2006

Jakarta...what did I get?

Hmm...almost as if nothing! Well, I got few lessons and one of them is, never go travel with my mother alone. Because in the end, I get nothing. I wanted to buy souvenirs for my friends, my bf & his family, my sister, my aunty etc but she is reluctant to even let me buy something for myself! I was so frustrated because of that. If I want something, I have to convince her to buy it...which is not easy. And only if she finds that the stuff I want is to her liking.And no, my mother did not give me money to spend in Jakarta. She holds them all.

My mother told me to not spend too much and so forth. She told me that my father is currently having some financial problems and yes I know, he also has some business problems too. She told me to save! But how am I suppose to save if they are not giving me enough expenses to survive in college? And the ironic thing is, she spent quite endlessly in Jakarta! And for herself too! My father asked me, what did I buy? And I told him that I can't buy anything because my mother is the one who's spending too much and is not letting me make my own choice. I think that's why he let me choose any chocolates that I want (for myself!) when we arrived at KLIA. I LOVE MY DAD!

I am embarrassed because when my friends go holidaying, they buy me souvenirs. But when it's my turn, I couldn't return the favour. Before I go off to Jakarta, I had it all planned in my head. I want to buy him this, I want to buy her that etc etc. But when I get there, my plans went caput. There was one time when we passed Hard Rock Indonesia, I gave a clear hint that I want to go there. You can guess what happens next right? A 'next-time-we'll-go-there' from my mother. Yeah, yeah. When is the next time huh? Hah, I'll make sure the next time, I'll be the one happily go to places and buy what I want.

After this it will be my sister's turn to go with my mom. Bandung. I told her to shop and shop for herself. I told her to buy lots and lots of stuff for me as well as for the people that I will list later (planning to give a list of people to buy for). Just spend as much as my mom spend. Yeah, you can see that I'm pissed. I guess this is also due to the fact that I am almost 21 and I still don't have the freedom to spend. I envy other people who have very considerate, thoughtful and generous mother. I want to be that kind of mother when I have children.

to be continued...

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home